Rainforest

Rainforest
Millions of acres of pristine forest.

Monday, June 7, 2010

Failure



Failure refers to the state or condition of not meeting a desirable or intended objective, and may be viewed as the opposite of success. (Wikipedia).


I figured a blog on failure might be appropriate. We all experience it occasionally. And, if I had to guess, a Peace Corps Volunteer might experience it a bit more than the average Joe.

What did I fail at? Well, some days I could give you a whole list. Other days, I couldn't think of a thing. Today? A whole list kind of day. I don't think I'll give you the list, though.

Just struggling to understand what it is going to mean if I 'fail' at Peace Corps. If you read about failure, you're likely to see ridiculous quotes and inspirational writing geared to the recently failed. But, I have looked at my (potential) failure from many viewpoints, and I just don't see the up side. Where will I go from here?

There are so many things I currently desire for Aishalton, and intend to do, but just don't seem to have happened. It's year 2. All I can hope is that magic happens. A miracle. A major blessing: a little for me, alot for Aishalton.


And, just to make myself feel a bit better, another tidbit from Wikipedia:

The term "miserable failure" has also been popularized as a result of a widely known "Google bombing," which caused Google searches for the term to turn up the White House biography of George W. Bush.[6]

(At least my name didn't come up when I googled it).

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris/Kristin,
    I'm Dan Shimell's Mom, Linda. I have been following your Blog since you started it.
    Please send me your email address if you would like a little advice from an old retired nurse. Mine is: ohtocal@yahoo.com.
    With love,
    Linda Shimell

    ReplyDelete