Our grant is live!
I need your help! Now is the time when I call for your support. Here in Aishalton, my Peace Corps assignment is with a Learning Resource Centre. The Centre is currently under-equipped - not enough books, not enough resources. We are a very isolated community, cut off my a flooded river and muddy, unpaved roads. We are very expensive to reach and bring supplies to, so often only the very basics reach. I'm working with teachers, parents, and students to develop the Centre. We are buying books for all ages, teaching aids, and decoration/organization tools. Aishalton really needs a good place for resources - reading material to develop literacy and fluency, informational material to educate students and adults, teaching aids to assist teachers.
Please take a look at the grant, ask me questions, and donate if you can. I would really appreciate your support, on behalf of teachers, parents, and students of Aishalton Village, Guyana.
Thank you!
Kristin Adkins
PS: You could also be a great help by passing along information to anyone who might be interested in donating.
No comments:
Post a Comment