Rainforest

Rainforest
Millions of acres of pristine forest.

Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Breakfast

On the 21st of December (Happy Birthday to my brother, Stephen!), our Toshao (chief) hosted a breakfast for his area of the village. (The village is divided into small sections for organization and governance). Though I don’t live in his area, a few people invited me. So, I showed up with a little food and they let me stay.

Thank goodness!

It was a lovely Christmas feast. It felt good to be sitting at a table, surrounded by pots and happy people. It felt a bit like Christmas. Well, except for the fact that it was 6am. That was unusual. But nonetheless, I left with the fullest belly I’ve ever had at 7am. Everything was delicious.

The whole table:

Sneaking coffee from the pot:

Hadashia brings her bowl of food:

Toshao checking out the food:

Toshao in his Chief's hat:

No comments:

Post a Comment