Rainforest

Rainforest
Millions of acres of pristine forest.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

We visited another village in our region. It is a really lovely village sitting right on the Rupununi River. It is the home of the Rupununi Learners Foundation, an NGO running a beautiful library and providing surrounding villages with books. I wanted to visit so that I could get ideas for my own Learning Resource Centre (LRC). So, we went for a particularly fabulous New Years Eve party and then stayed for a few days, I did a little work in the library and schools. The schools are amazing! Check out this nursery school:
Look at the lovely playground that has been built for the children:
Beautiful nursery girls swinging:

It was such an inspiring visit! I can only wish I went earlier. Now, I only have three months left in Aishalton. I’ll be working on setting up the Learning Resource Centre and giving you updates on it’s remodel! Thanks again to all my donors. J All supplies have been purchased and are ready to be organized! Renovation pictures to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment