Our goodbyes have begun.
I write a few letters each day which I will leave with my closest friends.
We have taken down the pictures and cards that you've sent and children have drawn from our walls.
We have cleaned out our books and movies to give away and carry home.
I have told the children I am leaving soon.
One child responded "What? You're leaving? Where are you going?" "I'm going home! To America!" She looked very confused and said, "What? You've just been sleeping here?" :)
A next child told me I should cut myself in half and leave half here and let half go home.
A number of people have told me I should request land from the village council and they would help me build a house and make a farm in the forest.
And a whole heap of people seem to be on the same page as my mother, and encourage me to have a blonde-haired blue-eyed baby and send back pictures or bring back the baby. A few people are even making me local-organic cotton baby slings! Yay! See example....
A group of girls from a class I taught last school year did a skit about me. They dressed up as 'Miss Kristin' - sunglasses, pants, and a flowy top. (Most teachers wear skirt suits). They taught the class about HIV/AIDS, which I did several times. Then they left 'class' and went to exercise class and did aerobics on stage. I laughed really hard, it was hilarious. Thank you girls!
We can't wait for you to get home my friend!
ReplyDelete