Rainforest

Rainforest
Millions of acres of pristine forest.

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Homestay

Chris and I are safely in Guyana, we started with a few days of training in Georgetown and on Thursday, we rode speed boats over to the Essiquibo (spelling?) coast. We are in a homestay in a gorgeous home right on the Atlantic ocean. We are being well taken care of by our family. The food, especially fruit, has been amazing. Right now we are doing some basic training for cultural integration and all the rules and regulations - nothing too fun :) Today, we are learning how to wash our clothes by hand, which should be quite an experience. I will have to write more later as we have more time - today is our first day with the internet, and there is quite a line to use it. We love you and miss you! Don't worry about us, we are well-taken care of.

1 comment:

  1. Silly me! I'm almost forgot about your blog as a way to keep in touch. So thankful that you two are settling in and making friends - and letting us back home share in the adventure.
    Mom K

    ReplyDelete