Rainforest

Rainforest
Millions of acres of pristine forest.

Friday, April 16, 2010

An Ode to Laundry


Forever with us

Graced with green banana* stains

Evidence of our blood wood* pains

Pilling ever higher

Out to make me a liar

Yes, I’ll do the laundry

Every wear means a wash

Here, no one’s posh

We sweat and sweat

A big stinky mound

No machine to be found

And a dryer? Pshhh…

Hands we must use

The water we must haul

Careful down the well not fall


Or to the creek we must hike

Flowing water we do like

Wash on the rocks

After a good rub

On the stains a good scrub

Wring and rinse

Out to the line

Hang in the shine

Crisp and dry

A little larger they might be

For they stretch you see

No dryer to shrink

Before you finish

It has started again

Landry will never end!



*Items which leave stains

1 comment:

  1. Discovered the mighty power of the banana when the kids were babies and we stained all their little onesies with mashed bananas. So glad I didn't have to scrub them on a rock.

    Excellent poetry. I definitely get the picture.

    ReplyDelete