Rainforest

Rainforest
Millions of acres of pristine forest.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Midservice Training


No pictures for this post, but I thought we should report we've been at a Peace Corps conference this week, "Midservice Training". We celebrate finishing one year of service, and look forward to the next year. It comes at a crucial time, because many of us want to make our 2nd year of Peace Corps the best year, but we also have to really think about post-Peace Corps plans. This can be a conflict of... focus.









However, I feel pretty good, between this conference, my amazing vacation, and visiting several other volunteers, I feel I have enough inspiration to bring me a jam-packed year 2.
  1. I want to start a health and exercise group with some Aishalton ladies. (Work it out!)
  2. We have been trained in a radio program to combat HIV/AIDS, we hope to start listening groups. (Abstain or Be Faithful, folks!)
  3. I want to start doing teacher training in the area of literacy and making teaching aids. (Yay for pocket charts and bingo games!)
  4. I will start working with Red Cross, going house to house promoting environmental sanitation. (I get to tell people to burn their trash!)
  5. I'm going to write a grant and turn my Learning Resource Centre into something. (Dig deep folks, I'm going to be looking to you for $!)
So, yay for year 2.

Post-PC plans? Well, we're working on it, but nothing definite. Any ideas where we should live? Grad schools we should go to? Jobs we should get?

2 comments:

  1. Move to Hamburg Germany and work as English teachers? Or...my cleaning people? Or...my personal trainer and radio personalities?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take an application to be your personal trainer!

    ReplyDelete